Our goal for our students is for them to develop confidence in their horsemanship skills in a fun, friendly, safe and educational environment!
- All ages of riders welcome! (Generally at least 5 years old)
- All levels of riders accepted! (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Students are welcome to bring their own horse or may use one of our lesson horses.
- Basic Horsemanship
- On the Ground Horsemanship
- English (basic English equitation, introductory dressage and jumping, hunt seat equitation/pleasure)
- Western (Equitation, Pleasure, Trail: competition & recreational)
- Western Dressage
- Speed Events (barrels, poles, intro. roping, goat tying)
- Halter & Showmanship
- Private 1 hour lesson = $70 per student per lesson
- Weekly Scheduled Group Lessons = $48 per student per lesson
- Semi-Private Group Lessons = $48 per student per lesson, 2 plus students
- Purchase four or more lessons in advance and receive $5 off of each lesson
- We accept checks, cash and all major credits for payment
- All payments are due at beginning of each lesson
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy, failure to notify will result in full charge of the lesson!
- Lessons will be cancelled if it is below 20 degrees, we will notify you, but feel free to contact us if weather is questionable.
- All riders must sign a release of liability waiver or a parent must sign if student is a minor.
- All rider's under age 18 must wear an equine certified riding helmet whenever they are mounted on a horse.
- Rider's over age of 18 have the option to wear an equine certified riding helment, however they must sign an acknowledgement stating that they are choosing not to wear.
- All rider's should wear long pants, boots with a heel (preferably no laces). Gloves are recommended for winter riding months.
- Pre-purchased lessons expire one year after purchase date.
- All pre-purchased lessons are non-refundable.
Monday 1:30pm Adult Horsemanship Group Class
Monday 4:00pm Beginner Rider Horsemanship Class
Monday 5:30pm MSU Equestrian Team (IHSA Practices)
Tuesday 4:30pm Combination/Intermediate Advanced Group Horsemanship Class
Wednesday 1:30-3:30pm Private and Semi Private Lessons
Wednesday 4:30pm Combination Barrel Barrel Class
Thursday 1:00pm Youth Homeschool Horsemanship Class
Thursday 4:00pm General Horsemanship Class
Thursday 5:30pm Adult Horsemanship Class
Friday 10am-12pm Private and Semi Private Lessons
Friday 1:30pm MSU Equestrian Team (IHSA Practices)
Friday 4:30pm Speed Event Class
Friday 6:00pm MSU Equestrian Team (IHSA Practices)
Select Saturdays: 10:00am Beginner Horsemanship Class
Select Saturdays: 11:30am General Horsemanship Class
Select Saturdays: 1:30pm-4:30pm Private and Semi Private Lessons
Homeschool Youth Horsemanship Class
Students should arrive at schedule started time of lesson to get their horse properly groomed and tacked up for lesson and be ready to ride. We will cover basic aspects of riding: warmup, stretches, rail work and then we will work on a horsemanship patterns.This class is designed for students who are comfortable at a walk and trot, and starting to learn to canter. If class is full and you are interested in participating in class please contact me by phone, as I may have additional lesson horses available that day! Students are welcome to ride English or Western, bring their horse or use one of ours.
Additional class sessions can be added on a weekly basis upon request.
English Equitation Class
This class will cover basic aspects of English riding: warmup, stretches, rail work and then we will work on English Equitation patterns, dressage work and/or introductory jumping.This class is designed for students who are comfortable at a walk and trot, and canter.
'Mom and Me'/ 'Parent and Me' Classes! (These can be scheduled as a semi-private lesson)
This class is designated for 'Mom's/Parents and Children' that are interested in riding together. This is a basic horsemanship class that will cover horse safety, grooming, tacking up and riding. Students will learn warm up stretches, basic rail work and horsemanship patterns.
Youth Beginner Horsemanship Class
In the beginner horsemanship class we will cover basic aspects of horsemanship riding: 1st half hour is safety, grooming, tacking up the horse, followed by riding which includes a warm-up, stretches, rail work and then we will work on a horsemanship patterns. This class is designed for students with no prior to little riding experience. Students will learn how to walk and trot. Students are welcome to ride English or Western. Each student will have a helper available to them until they feel confident to ride independently.
General Horsemanship Class
This class is designated for riders (youth or adult) who are fairly confident in their riding skills, able to walk, trot and starting to canter on a horse. We will do a warm up, rail work and horsemanship patterns. We will work on fine tuning the technique and approach to pattern work, a strong emphasis will be put on developing the rider’s equitation/seat. Riders may ride English or Western.
Advanced Horsemanship Class
We will cover basic aspects of riding: warm up, stretches, rail work and then we will work on a horsemanship patterns.This class is designed for students who are comfortable at a walk and trot, canter and wanting to fine tune their skills. This class is designed for students that have their own horse, leased horse or access to horse approved by instructor. Students are welcome to ride English or Western. All ages welcome to attend, as long as they are confident riders.
Adult Horsemanship Class
In the adult horsemanship class we will cover basic aspects of riding: warmup, stretches, rail work and then we will work on a horsemanship patterns. This class is designed for students who are gaining basic riding skills or perhaps have not ridden for awhile and wanting to build their confidence up in the saddle. Students will basic horsemanship safety and skills and will learn how to walk, trot and eventually canter. Students are welcome to ride English or Western.
Barrel Racing Class
This class is designed for students that would like to work on barrel racing. This class is open to all ages of riders as long as they are comfortable and able to ride independently at the walk, trot and lope/canter. In each class students will warm up their horses and learn about the importance of warm exercises for themselves and their horses. The last portion of class will be spent working on the barrel pattern. Students are welcome to bring their own horse to class! Allow for time to un-tack your horse after the lesson.
Speed Event Class
Each week this class will focus on a different rodeo event (Barrels, Poles, Roping, Goat Tying) We will work on warm up exercises, style and technique for each event. We will work with you at your level from introductory to more experienced. Students should be fairly independent in their riding, able to walk, trot comfortably. Bring your horse or use one of ours. Ropes/other equipment will be provided but if you have your own feel free to bring it.
Horse Sense Class Series
Open to all ages, who are serious horse enthusiasts. This class is all on the ground, no riding. This is a 4 series class developed to teach all aspects of horse husbandry. Class will cover feeding/nutrition, first aid/TPR's, traveling/trailering with your horse, horse management practices, horse conformation/anatomy/breed types. This is an ideal class for anyone considering purchasing a horse or new to owning a horse. Each student will receive a journal. This class can be scheduled on request. A minimum of 5 participants required.