I believe in developing a soft, light in the mouth, and responsive horse. To accomplish this, one must develop a feel for each horse to best develop an individualized training plan. I emphasize on-the-ground training until the horse is ready for mounted training. My motto is "smoothness before speed" for all of my riding students and horses in training. Horses must develop confidence in the very basic elements before they can advance. Please refer to my professional vitae for a glimpse at my extensive background in the equestrian world as well as in youth education.
View Amy's Horse Training Resume
Training is offered in a variety of areas/disciplines:
- Colt starting
- Finishing training in competitive show and rodeo events:
- Hunter Pleasure
- Introductory and Training Level Dressage
- Western Pleasure
- Western Dressage
- Cowboy Dressage
- Trail: Competitive and Recreational
- Barrel Racing
- Pole Bending
- Roping/Goat Tying Events
- $30 per ride, with a minimum of 3 rides per week, plus board
- 5 rides per week is recommended for a horse being started.
- $11.50 per day (12 x 36) partial covered run.
- $13.00 per day covered pen board.
- Board must be paid one month in advance.
- Feeding 2x daily
- Daily pen cleaning (bedding is additional charge)
- Feeding of grain/supplements if horse requires (grain supplements must be provided by owner)
- Blanketing/unblanketing of horse (blanket must be provided by owner)
- Scheduling of farrier/vet if needed